Student Visa

This is how you apply for a visa.

If you are a non EU resident and if you need a visa for the Schengen states you must download the student visa application form (Schengen Visa) from the Internet and fill it completely and truthfully. You also can electronically fill in the form for a student visa and print it out. Your signed application form must be followed by other mandatory documents, handed personally at German consulate/embassy or the representative of Germany.

You will require:

  • A valid travel document/ passport (At least 3 months up to its expiration date)
  • Documentation to prove how you intend to support your stay in Europe. You may present the following as a proof of means of subsistence: cash in convertible currency, travellers cheques, cheque books for a foreign currency account, credit cards or any other means that guarantees funds in hard currency.
  • Proof regarding your accommodation. This is not necessarily required in case the students proves that he/she will have sufficient funds to maintain themselves during their stay in the foreign Schengen country. (The University will help you with obtaining accommodation)
  • Two current passport-sized photos (Appropriate for the designated embassy/consulate)
  • Travel itinerary
  • Medical/travel insurance valid for your entire stay in Germany
  • Letter of acceptance from Hochschule der Medien
  • A bank receipt to prove you have paid the processing fee.

Here you can download your Visa Application Form.

Depending on the embassy/consulate that you will be applying to, they might require additional documents to assure the request and the information are genuine, as for example, some embassies/consulates require a certificate that proves you have no legal issues pending or a criminal record. As, the students must personally hand the documentation at the previously made appointment (as usually it is required), the person in charge at the embassy/consulate will notify you if there is any additional documentation needed and the nature of that documentation.  Please note: A Student Visa is no Work Permit.

After you have received a Student Visa (Schengen Visa)

It is advisable to book your flight two weeks prior to the start of your course. This will allow you enough time to get settled in and will give you the opportunity to explore your new environment in Germany. You may like to explore the university and visit the facilities.